Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Last paper

I think writing this last paper made me realize how far and how much I learned in this class the past 8 weeks or so. This last paper I wrote was the easiest one yet. I enjoyed writing it more because I felt like I knew what I was doing, instead of all the other papers felt like a semi organized free write. It was a little more difficult because I had to focus on two aspects of my topic but once the free write was over, I had a few points narrowed down. This paper also had the least of comments from smarthinking.com. So I’m hoping I’m applying what I’m learning and finally doing a good job.
I’ve enjoyed this class a good bit. It was a little harder than I expected because I had to bring my daughter with me almost every day. It was usually during nap time when class was and she was not happy a lot of the time. I kept telling myself that we could get through it. I say we because it was her and I that did this class together. I hope that I didn’t bother too many people with her always being there and having to attend to her constantly.
Another thing I hope I didn’t do was get on people’s nerves by always asking questions and clarifying what was being discussed. I have a habit of always asking questions and hearing people sigh behind me. I was shunned in high school by asking questions but now since I pay for my school I feel justified to asking all the questions I want. At the same time I don’t feel guilty for asking these questions. I want to make sure I fully understand what is going on. My grades depend on it if I understand what’s going on.
I hope my grade in this class portrays what I learned and tried to apply in this class. I now think I have some tools to be able to write a decent paper without much help from peer review. This class has taught me how to get an idea to write about, free write, and cluster on it to find main points to write about. This class has taught me to finally write a thesis statement and organize my thought for a better reading. I hope to use all this information in my next writing experiences.

No comments: